Monday, October 27, 2008

When You Live In RossVegas

People make fun of my town a lot but there is at least one reason you gotta love it...

After cleaning mom's kitchen/deck today...and after picking Jade up from school and taking Kayla to work, I decided to come home and nap for an hour until it was time to pick up Jordan at basketball practice.
Of course I was running a few minutes late, as usual. Still had on my cleaning clothes...hoodie and very baggie sweatpants topped off with a greasy ponytail. It wasn't until I got to school that I remembered that there was a Parent Meeting for all the basketball kids! Ugh.
Since I was late already I couldn't come home and change so I had to dig around in the van for a pair of jeans (which I found..don't judge..I knew they would come in handy) and run into the cafeteria hoping no one would notice that my hoodie was dusty, my hair was greasy and the jeans I had on were about 3 inches too short for me. Turns out, the meeting was very unnecessary and no one seemed too repulsed at my appearance which brings me to why I love my town...80% of the people look like I did today on purpose so when I get caught off guard it's o.k.

10 comments:

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

lol...that works in ider, too..

:))

Donna said...

Just tell me now...where in the world did the dust come from??

Christi said...

hahaha. I have no idea! I'm sure it came from my house. ;)

Sandra said...

So, when are you coming to clean my house?? So ya'll have been blogging and not telling me...I'm hurt. But that can be remidied by letting me join, I'm family, sorta, kinda, maybe, a little bit. Oh, come on let me join, I promise to be good! Please, please please! As you can see I have a love affair with !!!!s

Christi said...

Aww..of course you can join. And Duh, I posted on your blog like TWICE. I figured that was your invitation. haha. I would clean your house but it might hurt Lisa's feelings. :]

Donna said...

Sure you can join---you can take Nikki's place since she keeps deleting everything :-)
Then maybe one day she'll come back and play right.

Mindy said...

Hey Christi....I didn't know all of ya'll had blogs....

Hope you are well! OH, and I saw the pics of your girls! Jade (the oldest, right) she looks just like you.
I bet you hear that a lot.

Christi said...

Hi Mindy! Kayla is the oldest and yes I do hear that a lot! Jade is the youngest and she, although the two would deny it 'til death, looks nearly identical to Kayla when she was her age. haha.

I saw pics of your kids on your sisters website last night. You have your hands full girl. Very cute kiddos. I'm impressed you could get bows in their hair! My girls would never go for that.

Sandra said...

I dont want to take Nikki's place, she is always looking for the killer disease to get on her! LOL

Anonymous said...

not always...Only Oct-Feb thank you very much