Monday, December 22, 2008

Festive Holiday Creation...Take Two

After the underwhelming Christmas Cookie incident we decided to try our luck with the Gingerbread House...

It started here


Next, I (yes, me) assembled the house with much care and patience (aside from the almost fit I had when the roof kept sliding off) it looked like this


And finally, after all the candy was stuck on with only a few insults hurled around by the girls (that is ugly, you aren't doing it right, that's a dumb idea, shut up) it ended up looking like this



All in all it was pretty successful. We decided that next year we will have 3 houses and a little competition. The only problem is we can't figure out how to eat it and are not sure we even want to.

Oh, after I took these pictures Kayla used the little gingerbread snowmen to create a snowman crime scene in front of the house. She took a picture. Maybe she will show you.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I think it looks great! Isn't there suppose to be an evil witch or something that eats little kids? Actually it looks really, really great! I am impressed.

Kim said...

I've always wanted to make one of these. Outstanding job!!! I hope to have one of these in the future for my little guy.