Wednesday, December 3, 2008

In The News...

I haven't watched the news much since the election because it is just too depressing but I did watch this morning because I had to see who won the run-off election yesterday in Georgia.
In case you didn't know or care, Saxby Chambliss won the run-off for state senate. This is why I love GA. We love our Republicans. I did vote because I'm a responsible citizen that way. What I didn't know is that there were 4 seperate run-off's in GA. Don't you hate voting for people you have never heard of? There were 2 seperate slots for judges and since they are suppose to be non-partisan it didn't give me any hints as to who was the guy for me so I made my decision based on the most scientific process available....I picked the guy with the most clever sign. Some guy named Brian House had all his signs made up in the shape of a house and I thought, "that's pretty clever". So I voted for him. I'm kinda thinking now that maybe he was not the right guy but if not, I blame the guy with the boring signs.

In other news...

I just heard this morning about the shooting at Toys R Us in California on Black Friday. 2 men are dead. What toy was that important people? From what I gather 2 women were fighting over something and their husbands (who were for some reason armed) jumped in a shot each other. I think the kids would have rather had their dad's for Christmas than that set of jumbo legos for $19.99. Not to mention the poor guy who was trampled at a Walmart by people trying to get to the cheap t.v.'s

What is wrong with people?!

Look, I want my kids to have a nice Christmas just like everyone else but not at the expense of others. If my kids can't get that high dollar item or if they only get a sweater and a box of goldfish, they should be thankful. If they are not then lack of money is the least of my worries. Wow, I just had a vision of what would happen if my kids only got a sweater and a box of goldfish for Christmas...shudder. We are fortunate and they usually get what they want (within reason)or need but I'm thinking this year we really need to have a sit down and remind each other why we even celebrate Christmas. I don't want my kids to grow up and be these crazy adults who feel like they have to shoot or trample their way to get to that *one thing* their kids have to have. It's madness. If I had it to do all over again I would have only gotten my kids 3 gifts a year for Christmas. It's too much pressure on parents to try and go bigger and better than the year before. Especially when they are struggling to pay their bills as it is. It's just sad. People shouldn't die over doorbusters.

That is all.

2 comments:

Donna said...

You did very well with your "House" vote....he lives right up the street from us. He's a little different but his wife and child are sweethearts!!

Sandra said...

Wait til you are a grandparent if you think gift giving is soooo hard! That box of goldfish sounds like a good stocking stuffer, thanks!